Why Flixier is one of the best video converters
With the multitude of digital video formats available these days, converting videos from one format to another has always been a necessity. We’ve all found ourselves in a situation where we had to convert an MKV, AVI or MOV file in order to be able to watch it on a tablet, portable media player, console or some other device.
Unfortunately, despite being such a common need, converting videos can be quite the undertaking, especially for less technically savvy people who aren’t familiar with advanced video editing software.
Over the years, a lot of stand-alone free video converter apps have popped up. They all claim to help with video conversion (and some of them do), but the biggest problem with them is that most of them:
- Require you to download and install them to your computer or phone.
- Have complicated, unintuitive interfaces that are just as likely to confuse rather than help you convert your videos.
- Come bundled with adware or sometimes even viruses or try to trick you into installing unwanted software throughout the set-up process.
- Are hosted on websites that are riddled with ads and fake download buttons.
Because we’ve all dealt with these kinds of apps in the past, we propose a different solution. Rather than trying to sift through and try out dozens of stand-alone video converters until you find one that actually works, why not use an online video editor like Flixier to turn all of your videos into MP4 files straight from your web browser?
What makes Flixier the best video converter
The advantages of using Flixier to convert videos online are pretty straight-forward:
- There’s no downloads or installs. It all runs in your web browser, so you don’t have to worry about anything you don’t want being downloaded and installed on your computer.
- Because it runs in the web browser, you can use Flixier to convert videos on any computer and operating system, from Windows to Mac, Linux or ChromeOS.
- Flixier can also act as an easy-to-use, but very powerful video editor, so you can use it to generate subtitles or voiceovers for your videos, record your screen, add transitions, graphics and more, all in one place.
Wait, I thought Flixier was a video converter, now you’re telling me it’s a video editor?
It’s both! Whenever you upload a video to Flixier for editing, it automatically gets converted to .MP4. So you can grab your MOV, AVI, MKV or FLV file, drag it over to your Flixier library and we’ll automatically convert it to MP4 for you.
After that, all you need to do is create a new project, add the video to it from your Library and press Export. Your video will be processed in a few minutes (which is much faster than most offline video converting apps) and then you’ll be able to download the MP4 to your computer.
Of course, if you want to, you can also take advantage of our editor and use it to cut or crop your video, add images or music, create subtitles, add motion text or do any other kind of edit you can think of before clicking the Export button.
Basically, Flixier converts all videos to MP4, so if that’s what you need, you can easily use it for that purpose.
Why should I convert my videos to MP4?
MP4 is one of the best video formats to convert to, since it doesn’t take up too much space, offers great video (and audio!) quality and is widely supported across all kinds of devices from phones to tablets and even video game consoles. It’s also considered the best format to use when making videos for YouTube.
So, what are you waiting for? Create a free Flixier account and start converting your videos now!