LinkedIn video specs: The complete guide for video content creators
In an era where visual content reigns supreme, video has emerged as a powerful tool for personal branding and business promotion. That’s why more and more businesses and individuals are now opting for a video enhancer. As a video content creator, mastering the art of LinkedIn videos can unlock a realm of opportunities and propel your career to new heights.
This article serves as your compass, guiding you through the intricate landscape of LinkedIn video specs. From understanding the technical requirements to optimizing your content for maximum impact, we leave no stone unturned.
Let's dive in and unlock the true potential of LinkedIn video requirements!
Understanding LinkedIn Video
LinkedIn video is a powerful tool that empowers professionals to connect, engage, and showcase their expertise. In this dynamic realm, LinkedIn video collaboration becomes a catalyst for connection, engagement, and the elevation of personal brand and business growth.
Imagine a canvas where you can paint a vivid picture of your expertise, insights, and industry knowledge. LinkedIn video transforms this vision into reality, allowing you to captivate your professional audience with compelling narratives and valuable content. It becomes your platform to establish thought leadership, build trust, and forge meaningful connections within the professional community.
Unlike other social media platforms, LinkedIn's unique focus on professionals sets it apart. Here, you'll find a carefully curated audience of like-minded individuals who share your ambitions and drive. By harnessing the power of LinkedIn video, you tap into a targeted network where your tailored content resonates deeply with specific industries, job functions, and career aspirations.
LinkedIn Video Specs You Need to Know
To ensure your LinkedIn videos resonate with your audience, it's essential to understand the platform's video specifications. Let's explore the key limitations and guidelines to create captivating video content:
A. LinkedIn video length and file size limitations
Let's start first with the video size for LinkedIn. The platform requires that the LinkedIn video size is under 5 GB. This LinkedIn video max size limitation ensures smooth uploading and playback, allowing your content to reach your audience seamlessly.
In terms of video length, LinkedIn recommends keeping your video posts between 3 seconds to 10 minutes in length. By adhering to this guideline, you can deliver your message effectively and capture viewers' attention within an optimal timeframe.
LinkedIn Video Ads
When it comes to posting a LinkedIn video ad, you have the flexibility to upload a video size of up to 200MB. Let's also talk about the length of LinkedIn video ads. While LinkedIn provides the flexibility to create video ads ranging from 3 seconds to 30 minutes in length, it is advisable to keep your ad duration under a minute to effectively capture and maintain viewers' attention.
B. Supported LinkedIn video format and codecs
To ensure your videos are compatible with LinkedIn's platform, it's important to understand the accepted file formats. These include popular formats such as MP4, ASF, MPEG-1/4, MKV, H.264/AVC, VP8/VP9, and WMV2/WMV3.
For LinkedIn video ads, however, the only supported format is MP4.
C. LinkedIn video aspect ratio and recommended resolutions
When it comes to LinkedIn video post size, LinkedIn allows flexibility in aspect ratios for video posts.
You can choose from landscape (16:9) or square (1:1) dimensions, depending on your content and desired visual presentation. However, if you opt for a vertical video (9:16), LinkedIn will automatically add padding around the borders to maintain a consistent display format.
For optimal video quality, LinkedIn recommends a resolution range of 256 x 144 pixels to 4096 x 2304 pixels. By adhering to these recommended resolutions, you ensure that your videos look sharp and professional on the platform.
To ensure optimal user experience, it is recommended to upload your native LinkedIn video to your feed for mobile with dimensions of 4:5. If the video size on LinkedIn is larger or smaller, it may be cropped or display blurry bars, resulting in a suboptimal user experience.
LinkedIn Video Ads
LinkedIn supports various aspect ratios and resolutions for video ads, allowing flexibility in content creation. Here are the supported options:
- Landscape (16:9): The recommended minimum resolution is 640 x 360 pixels, and the maximum resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels. This aspect ratio is ideal for traditional horizontal videos.
- Square (1:1): The recommended minimum resolution is 360 x 360 pixels, and the maximum resolution is 1920 x 1920 pixels. Square videos are visually appealing and well-suited for platforms like LinkedIn
- Vertical (9:16): The recommended minimum resolution is 360 x 640 pixels, and the maximum resolution is 1080 x 1920 pixels. Vertical videos are designed to be viewed on mobile devices and can provide an immersive viewing experience.
D. Guidelines for creating captivating video thumbnails
Video thumbnails are your opportunity to make a strong first impression and entice viewers to click and watch your LinkedIn videos. Here are some guidelines to create captivating video thumbnails that grab attention:
- Visual Appeal: Choose an eye-catching frame that represents your video and sparks curiosity.
- High-Quality: Ensure your thumbnail is clear, sharp, and of high resolution. Use proper lighting and vibrant colors.
- Branding: Incorporate branding elements like logos or consistent color schemes to establish identity.
- Text Overlay: Add concise and compelling text to highlight the value viewers will gain.
- Consistency: Maintain a consistent design to create visual recognition and build familiarity.
E. Tips for optimizing video content for mobile viewing
To ensure your LinkedIn videos shine on mobile devices, consider the following tips for optimizing video content for mobile viewing:
- Keep it Concise: Grab attention quickly and deliver your message efficiently within the first few seconds.
- Engaging Visuals: Use larger fonts, legible text, and high-quality images that stand out on smaller screens.
- Subtitles and Captions: Make your content accessible by adding subtitles or captions for silent viewing.
- Vertical Video: Consider creating vertical videos for a seamless mobile experience without the need for device rotation.
- Responsive Design: Ensure your video player and design adapt to different screen sizes and orientations.
Best Practices for LinkedIn Video Creation
Creating captivating LinkedIn videos requires a blend of artistry and strategy. To help you shine in the realm of professional networking, we present a collection of best practices to elevate your video content:
- Define Your Goals and Target Audience: Set clear objectives and identify the specific audience you want to engage. Understanding their needs and preferences will guide your content creation process.
- Craft Engaging Video Scripts: Develop compelling video scripts that outline key messages and storylines. A well-crafted script ensures a smooth delivery and helps maintain viewer interest throughout the video.
- Leverage AI Subtitle Generators: Enhance accessibility and engagement by utilizing AI subtitle generators. These tools automatically transcribe and synchronize subtitles with your videos, making them more accessible to a broader audience.
- Harness the Power of Visual Storytelling: Combine captivating visuals, imagery, and narratives to create a compelling story. Use visual elements that align with your message, evoke emotions, and leave a lasting impact on viewers.
- Optimize for Mobile Viewing: Keep in mind that a significant portion of LinkedIn users access the platform through mobile devices. Optimize your videos for mobile viewing by using larger fonts, concise captions, and visually appealing imagery that captures attention even on smaller screens.
- Incorporate Calls-to-Action (CTAs): Guide viewers towards the desired action by including clear and enticing CTAs in your videos. Whether it's encouraging them to like, comment, share, or visit a website, CTAs drive engagement and further interactions with your content.
- Experiment with Different Video Formats: Explore various video formats to keep your content fresh and engaging. From tutorials and interviews to behind-the-scenes glimpses and storytelling narratives, diverse formats add variety and intrigue to your video portfolio.
- Optimize Video Length: Respect your viewers' time and keep your videos concise and focused. While LinkedIn allows videos up to 10 minutes long, consider delivering your message within a shorter timeframe whenever possible to maintain viewer engagement.
- Showcase Authenticity and Personality: Infuse your videos with authenticity and let your personality shine through. Be genuine, relatable, and establish a connection with your audience by sharing insights, experiences, and anecdotes.
- Engage with the LinkedIn Community: Foster engagement by responding to comments, initiating conversations, and building relationships within the LinkedIn community. Active participation helps nurture connections and expand the reach of your videos.
Join the LinkedIn Video Revolution: Ignite Your Professional Journey with Flixier
In the fast-paced world of professional networking, LinkedIn video has emerged as a powerful tool for personal branding, business promotion, and meaningful connections.
As you embark on your LinkedIn video content creation journey, remember to tap into the wealth of resources available to enhance your video editing experience. Flixier, a cutting-edge online video editing platform, can empower you with its user-friendly interface, advanced features, and seamless collaboration capabilities. With Flixier, you can bring your video visions to life, edit with ease, and create captivating LinkedIn videos that elevate your professional presence.
Ready to take your LinkedIn video content to the next level? Explore the power of Flixier and revolutionize your video editing experience.
Frequently asked questions
What happens if the LinkedIn video size is larger or smaller than the recommended dimensions?
Is there a recommended duration for LinkedIn video ads to effectively hold viewers' attention?
Can I add captions or subtitles to my LinkedIn videos?
Can I edit or modify a video after uploading it to LinkedIn?