The Importance of Posting Videos on LinkedIn
Video content is the future of content marketing.
It's no secret that video is one of the most effective ways to get your message across to customers. But, if you haven't considered making videos for your business yet, this article will walk you through the benefits of posting videos on LinkedIn, while also showing you how to edit your next LinkedIn video post with the help of an online video editor!
If you haven't started using videos in your marketing, you're missing out.
Video content is the future of content marketing, and it's not just a fad. It's a trend that will continue to grow stronger as more people become familiar with watching videos on their phones thanks to social media platforms.
Videos give you the opportunity to show off your brand in ways that other types of content cannot match. They can provide an example of how something works—whether that's an eCommerce website or a new piece of technology—or they can offer an inside look at what goes into making your business run smoothly (think how-to videos). Videos are also great for explaining complex topics: if you sell products that people don't know much about yet, help them understand what makes them special by taking them from start to finish in under two minutes!
The benefits of using video on LinkedIn go beyond SEO ranking and lead generation: posting clips helps build trust between brand and consumer by showing real human faces behind company walls; they also tell stories about who we are as individuals through our actions (as opposed to words), which gives us license for greater creativity than written copy alone would allow.
Have you ever wondered what advantages adding a video to LinkedIn can bring to your content marketing strategy?
Here are the benefits of uploading video on LinkedIn:
One of the biggest benefits of a video is that it builds trust. Studies show that people are more likely to buy from, and trust, a company that uses video.
LinkedIn videos are also more memorable than text-based content because they use all five senses in addition to sight—so they can help you connect with your audience on an emotional level.
LinkedIn is a great, visual platform for posting educational videos. Videos are a great way to explain things quickly and clearly, which is something that LinkedIn users appreciate. For example, if you get asked a question about your product or service, create a short video that answers your customer's question directly. Another idea is to show off your product or service by filming it in action—you could even do an unboxing video!
If you think your customers are not sure how something works and want to offer them some reassurance before making the purchase, post a short clip showing how it works so customers can see for themselves.
Video is versatile and can be used in many ways, from answering common questions to adding a human element to your brand.
Because video is everywhere on the internet, and that's not going to change. People are already consuming content through videos on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and even LinkedIn. As such it makes sense for you to use this medium if you want more people to see what you have to say. Therefore, if you create engaging Linkedin videos, it will be quite easy to repurpose them for other social media platforms.
Instead of using classic banner ads, more and more companies decide to invest their LinkedIn marketing budget in LinkedIn advertising video content.
Most successful video ads lay, however, in great content and good targeting. So you can treat the content for your LinkedIn ads similar to the native videos when it comes to LinkedIn marketing.
If you want to add LinkedIn in your video marketing channels, keep in mind these recommendations:
- Best video format for LinkedIn: MP4
- Video length: Three seconds to 30 minutes (Tip: most successful video ads are less than 15 seconds long)
- File size: Between 75 KB and 200 MB
- Frame rate: Less than 30 FPS (frames per second)
- Audio format: AAC or MPEG4
There are two ways to post videos on LinkedIn. The first option is to post a video using the post box at the top of your feed, which you can find by going to any post, clicking “Edit” and then selecting “Videos” from the drop-down menu.
The second option is to add a video directly to your profile: Find the blue box under your headline or photo where you can write in some text about yourself (this will be different for everyone depending on their specific roles), click it and select “Linked Videos” from the drop-down menu.
Some of you will post only native LinkedIn video content, and that’s more than fair. A native video is one that you can submit directly to the platform, and the greatest part is that the LinkedIn algorithm prefers native material. As a result, posting native videos will help your content reach the greatest number of people.
However, if you choose to create videos with the scope of transforming them into LinkedIn video ads, there are the steps you need to follow for a successful ad campaign:
- Define the goal of your video campaign. Every LinkedIn video campaign has an end goal, and if you want to measure the effectiveness of your video marketing efforts on the platform, you must first understand what you're attempting to accomplish.
- Plan your material around your goal. Whatever your final aim is, take the time to discover what sort of material would best support it. Once you've decided what you want from your clip, work hard to make it stand out.
- Create videos that will attract and hold the interest of your audience. Take steps to quickly attract the attention of your followers and the LinkedIn community at large if you want your video posts to be noticed by them.
- Create a video ad campaign centered on your desired goal. Once you've decided on the type of content you want to create, log into LinkedIn's Campaign Manager, choose your chosen objective, and submit your material in its special, customized video format.
- Make sure your sponsored material is descriptive, to the point, and compelling. Always offer a clear, coherent explanation of your video's nature in the headline and content. Again, this is about attracting and holding the appropriate attention for your material. It can also assist to contextualize your information and fill in certain gaps that your video may not be able to address.
- Your videos should be tested, optimized, and improved on a regular basis. A/B test your videos at various durations to discover whether your message can be communicated more successfully in less time. Experiment with alternative beginning content to see if you can pique your audience's interest faster using varied wording. Experiment with various content types completely – perhaps different sorts of videos with distinct tones, styles, or directions would resonate more with your prospects.
Before posting any video on LinkedIn feed, you have to make sure that it looks professional enough to be shared with your audience. And that’s where Flixier comes in handy. Flixier, a cloud-based video editing tool, combines a robust UI with ready-made drag-and-drop capabilities in order to meet everyone's demands.
Let’s take a look at some of the most useful features of the video editor!
If you want to add audio to video when editing your LinkedIn videos, Flixier has you covered! The video editor allows you to include music into your LinkedIn videos from a number of sources. You may upload music from your PC, add a Soundcloud link, or choose a song from our stock music library!
And, because Flixier is online, you won't have to bother about downloading or installing any apps! You may add music to your clips on Mac, Windows, or ChromeOS by logging into Flixier using your web browser.
Flixier can also assist you with recording voice overs and other audio for LinkedIn videos! Our Record button makes it simple to collect noises from your computer microphone, allowing you to quickly produce and modify voice overs.
Text is essential for some video clips. Especially when it comes to the informational ones.
Thankfully, with Flixier, to add text to video is an extremely easy task. After you have uploaded your new video to our library, all you need to do is to navigate to the Text tab in the left-hand menu. You may add basic text or motion titles to your clip from here. Double-click on the text to modify it and replace it with your own. You can move it around with the mouse button and change the font, weight, alignment, and color from the menu on the right side of the screen.
Flixier makes it simple to showcase your ideas and brand with over 1000 built-in fonts, custom fonts, and the option to use static or animated text!
Sometimes, there’s more than one individual in charge of the video marketing strategy of a company. To create LinkedIn videos with Flixier, you can collaborate on editing videos. Flixier allows you to edit videos with many users, provides everyone access to the same materials, enables you to provide detailed feedback via comments, and keeps track of different versions of your project for you.
To use this feature, you must first create Flixier accounts for yourself and your team members. Create a team and include everyone. Upload any assets that will be used in your team project to your Shared Library. You may import assets from your PC or move them from cloud storage.
Next, create a Team project and begin working on your video. If many individuals are working on the same clip, when you click the Save button, the modifications are automatically synchronized. You may create Review links and distribute them to your clients or team members to get feedback.
Are you ready to start your LinkedIn video marketing journey? Now that you know more about LinkedIn as a platform, you have access to the most important LinkedIn video specs and you have an online video editor that can help you polish your video posts, all you need to do is to upload videos on LinkedIn!
There’s no time to waste: create a LinkedIn profile and make the most out of it as a video hosting platform!