Can Blooper Videos Increase Your Video Engagement?
In a time when people are looking for authenticity, it's important that you don't try to be anything other than who you are. That doesn't mean being unprofessional or showing bad manners—it means letting the world see your flaws and errors. People want to see what makes you human. They want to see your dedication and hard work in action. And they want to know how much work actually goes into creating content like your video.
Do you want to learn more about blooper videos? In this article, we will walk you through some of the reasons people engage better with bloopers, and we will teach you how to create your own blooper clip with the help of our online video editor!
What Is a Blooper Video?
First things first: what does a blooper video actually mean? A blooper is a recording error, such as a misspoken word, a set incident, a wardrobe malfunction, a continuity issue, and/or intentional clowning by performers and production crew.
If you want to understand the concept better, let’s watch this blooper from the Community:
Donald Glover and Danny Pudi appear to have had a great time filming Community. Not only were their characters closest friends, but we can see how genuine their relationship is between takes in this footage. Donald Glover can't recall the exact dialogue by the end of their improvisation. But, honestly, any of their improvised lines would have fit right in.
Why Do People Engage with Blooper Videos?
If you are wondering whether bloopers can increase your video engagement or not, the simple answer is yes. However, why is that the case?
We have put together some of the reasons why people tend to engage more with blooper videos:
Bloopers Build Trust
When you record a video, you need to be yourself. And if it sometimes comes out funny, you should totally include it in your blooper video! You'll be astonished at how many people laugh along with you as you begin to develop a presence via your videos. You might also try laughing at yourself or apologizing in a humorous manner after the error.
But don't push it too much. Fake isn't amusing.
Humans Are Flawed
People like to see the human side of someone. They want to see you as a person, not just an image. They want to know that you’re flawed, they want to see your process and struggle through it with you, and ultimately they want to see that you can overcome those flaws.
It’s no surprise then that bloopers exist in every industry. Whether it's a TV show or video game, people love seeing how things go wrong while they're being made—and if they don't get released online? Fans will hunt them down on Reddit or other forums until they find them!
So, when you are creating your professional video, don’t forget to add some funny blooper videos for a more humane touch!
People Want to See Your Inner Workings
Sometimes, people just want to see the process. They don't care about the end result; they want to know what it takes to get there.
That's why blooper videos are so popular—they show what it's like behind-the-scenes of your work, and that can be just as interesting as the final product itself.
People like seeing what goes on when you're creating a video or an album or whatever else you produce for your audience; it makes them feel like they're part of something special and important, even if all they're doing is watching from their couch in their underwear at 3:00 AM. And whether or not you consider yourself a "creative," blooper videos give people insight into how much time and effort go into making something great (or not so great).
Bloopers Show Your Dedication to the Process
You are a creator. You care about your audience, your product and the people who work with you. Your brand is important to you and you spend time crafting each video in order to create a good experience for everyone involved.
When you're releasing your content, it can be easy to get caught up in the hype of getting new eyes on whatever it is that's being released—especially if it's something personal like an album or book launch. This is great! But don't forget that this isn't just another project—it's part of a larger picture where every video matters because they all have an impact on increasing engagement overall by showing off how much effort goes into making them happen. And that effort doesn’t end when the camera stops recording; it continues throughout the entire process from brainstorming ideas, to editing every single piece until perfection has been achieved (or at least 99% of perfection).
People Like to See You as a Person
Whether you're a creator or a brand, people want to know more about what goes into creating the content they enjoy. In fact, it has been statistically proven that viewers feel better connected to creators who share their personal lives.
Blooper videos give viewers an intimate look at who you are and what your process is like—and they do so without the pressure of having cameras on you all day long.
It’s important to remember that blooper videos can do more than just entertain. When your audience sees you as a person, they are more likely to trust and relate to you, which in turn helps build engagement.
Blooper videos work because they show your human side, not just the polished product or front you usually put forth. They show how we work and how we react when things go wrong (or right).
They also give viewers an inside look at the behind-the-scenes of your businesses—like where your offices are located and what you do with your time outside of filming!
Bloopers Are a Source of Inspiration
When you show that you're human, people feel more comfortable with you. You can't be perfect all the time. By showing your flaws, viewers see that it's okay to not have everything figured out and still try your best
It's also inspiring for viewers to see other people who made mistakes but still came out on top (or at least survived). They may think "If they can do it, I can too!" This is an especially good technique if you're trying to encourage younger viewers—they will be motivated by seeing someone they relate to overcoming a challenge or getting past a hard time in life.
How to Create a Blooper Video with Flixier
Now you know that you need bloopers, but how do you actually integrate it in your video editing process? You probably have noticed all those cool blooper video effects when watching various clips. Or the cool background sounds that accompany them.
While it might seem scary at first to think about creating such a video, with the right tool, everything is possible. And, thankfully, Flixier is the right tool for creating a blooper video. Our cloud-based video editing tool combines a comprehensive user interface with ready-made drag-and-drop features to fulfill everyone's needs.
Here are some of the Flixier features you can use to edit your blooper:
Add Video Filters
Video filters are an essential part of any blooper. And Flixier doesn’t shy away from offering you an amazing palette of online filters:
- Add animated titles and motion graphics. Flixier provides a collection of hundreds of totally customisable animated images, titles, and bottom thirds that you can drag over to your clip. No prior understanding of animation is necessary.
- Trim, crop, and cut videos. With only a few clicks, our sophisticated online video editor allows you to crop, clip, trim, and crop clips accurately and effortlessly!
- Overlay images and videos. Flixier may be used to overlay media and produce picture in picture videos, making it an excellent tool for online teachers and those wishing to make video tutorials and instructional clips.
- Use video effects to enhance your projects. With Flixier, you can add popular video effects to your videos to make them more interesting! Add glitch, whirling, or dynamic zoom effects to your videos!
Add Text to Video
Sometimes, when you add bloopers to a longer video material, you need to offer some context to the viewers. This is where an “add text to video” feature can come in handy.
This is what Flixier offers in terms of this feature:
- Access over 1000 fonts: When you add text to your clips, you may pick from over a thousand font families thanks to our Google Fonts connection.
- Upload custom fonts: You can upload your own typefaces and use them while adding text or animated titles to create video material that retains and reflects the individuality of your company!
- Use animated titles: Our online video editor includes a collection of animated titles that you may alter to meet your specific needs. No prior knowledge is necessary! Simply drag them over to your clip and alter the text, fonts, and colors to suit your tastes!
- Add subtitles to your videos: You can effortlessly caption your videos with our user-friendly video subtitle tool. Simply enter your subtitle text and drag it into the Timeline to sync it with your video!
Add Audio to Video
As we have said before, people like bloopers because such videos help them relate to you emotionally. But what else generates emotion? The sounds of a video. Therefore, a good “add audio to video” feature is a must-have!
This is what you can do with Flixier:
- Add music to your video online: Flixier allows you to add music to your videos from a number of sources. You may upload songs from your PC, add a Soundcloud link, or choose a song from our stock music library! The greatest part is that because Flixier is online, you won't have to worry about downloading or installing any apps.
- Record audio for your videos: Flixier can also let you record voice overs and other audio for your videos! Our Record button allows you to instantly capture sounds from your computer microphone, making it easy to record and modify voice overs in minutes! Don't worry if you're bashful or don't have a microphone! You may make natural-sounding voice overs for your clips with our neural-powered text-to-speech tool.
- Choose from a diverse library of music: We've got you covered if you're searching for some background music to add to your videos to establish the mood! We have a vast selection of copyright free background music that you can search through and add to your films to improve the ambiance and engage your viewers!
Ready to Create Your Own Blooper Videos?
It’s important to remember that people don’t just want to see the polished product or front you usually put forth—they also want to know who you are as a person. Blooper videos help with that because they show all of the ups and downs in your process, from making mistakes on set (which happens!) all the way up to editing them out until everything looks perfect again.
Are you ready to share your first blooper?