This is where the magic happens! Once you enter a project, your editing interface will appear. There are 4 main spaces, your Library Tabs, Timeline, Canvas Preview, and the Properties Panel also referred to as Inspector.
On your Library tabs, you can find your Media library, Stock Resources, Audio Libraries, Motion Graphics, Text, Subtitles, Shapes, Transitions, and Review Links.
The timeline is your main way of editing with Flixier! You can add transitions, cut, trim, delete, generate subtitles, add keyframes, and arrange your media files in the clip through it.
- The timeline has multiple tracks so you can make overlays or add more audio tracks at the same time. You can visibly hide your tracks, or mute them when you only want to check a particular track. Also, you can delete entire tracks or lock them so you don’t accidentally move them.
- You can navigate through your project using the gray slider below your timeline! If you also have multiple tracks stacked on top of each other, a gray slider will appear on the right side of your timeline so you can navigate your project vertically!
- One of the most important tools to edit your media files is your yellow selector line also known as the playhead. Move it around to see certain frames and cut with maximum precision!
- Just on top of your timeline, you can see the length of your project. The white highlighted time is the current point in your project where the yellow selector is placed, and the grayed-out time is the total length of your project.
The canvas is a live preview of your project where you can see how the changes in your timeline modify your clip! If you click on it, you will have multiple selector points on your canvas. With those selector points, you can resize your clips or rotate them.
Finally, the Properties panel on the right side of the screen will constantly update depending on what you select in the timeline or library. When you first open your project, before you select anything, you will be able to change your project settings like: the resolution of your project, the background color, and the safe zone options!
- If you click on a video in your timeline, the right menu will update giving you access to Transitions, Effects, Color correction, and video controls such as Clip Resize, Crop, Video speed, Loop video, and Perspective.
- If you click on a generated subtitle from your timeline, your subtitle control tabs will appear on your right menu!
- If you click on a simple audio file, audio controls will appear! You can add transitions, modify the volume of a specific clip, play around in the equalizer, adjust playback speed, and loop your audio!
- If you click on Shapes, the right menu will pop out where you can modify your shape, add keyframes and transitions, change its color and perspective.
- If you click on a text, you can modify its color, background, font, size, character spacing, line height, styles, and shadow. You can also add keyframes, add transitions or change the perspective!
- Lastly, the Motion Graphics! The right menu will update depending on the Motion Graphic; Titles, Graphics, or Overlays to allow you to modify their properties. Different controls will appear for each of them! But we will cover more on that later!